Manual browser: mkubootimage(1)
|MKUBOOTIMAGE(1)||General Commands Manual||MKUBOOTIMAGE(1)|
NAMEmkubootimage — create U-Boot loader image
|mkubootimage||[-h] -A (arm|mips|mips64|powerpc) -a address [-C (bz2|gz|lzma|lzo|none)] [-E address] [-e address] [-m magic] -n image [-O (freebsd|linux|netbsd|openbsd)] -T (fs|kernel|ramdisk|standalone) source destination|
DESCRIPTIONThe mkubootimage utility is used to create an image for Das U-Boot, the “Universal Boot Loader”.
The arguments are as follows:
- -A (arm|mips|mips64|powerpc)
- Defines the architecture. This is required.
- -a address
- Sets the image load address. This is an integer between 0 and UINT32_MAX. This is required.
- -C (bz2|gz|lzma|lzo|none)
- Defines the compression. The default is “none”.
- -E address
- Define the entry point. This is an integer between 0 and UINT32_MAX. This option is the same as -e but it inverts the bytes to convert the 32 bit integer from little to big endian (or vice versa). If -E or -e are not set, the entry point defaults to the image load address (-a).
- -e address
- Define the entry point. This is an integer between 0 and UINT32_MAX. If -E or -e are not set, the entry point defaults to the image load address (-a).
- Display the usage and exit.
- -m magic
- Set the magic. This is an integer between 0 and UINT32_MAX. The default is “0x27051956”.
- -n image
- Defines the image name. This is required.
- -O (freebsd|linux|netbsd|openbsd)
- Defines the operating system type. The default OS name is “netbsd”.
- -T (fs|kernel|ramdisk|standalone|script)
- Defines the image type. This is required.
The required source argument is the filename of the kernel that is read. The required destination argument is the filename of the image file that is created.
RETURN VALUESmkubootimage returns 1 on failure to read the kernel, generate a header, or create the image.
EXAMPLESBefore the image is written, the header is displayed to standard out; for example:
magic: 0x27051956 time: Tue Jun 7 15:58:41 2011 size: 2482203 load addr: 0x00020000 entry point: 0x00020000 data crc: 0x700fdf53 os: 2 (netbsd) arch: 7 (powerpc) type: 2 (kernel) comp: 1 (gz) name: NetBSD/evbppc 5.99.52 (INSTALL_PMPPC) header crc: 0x94ea96cf
SEE ALSO“Das U-Boot - the Universal Boot Loader” http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/
HISTORYThe mkubootimage command first appeared in NetBSD 6.0.
AUTHORSThe mkubootimage utility was originally written by Jared D. McNeill. This manual page was written by Jeremy C. Reed.
|December 29, 2012||NetBSD 7.0|