Manual browser: wsfontload(8)
|WSFONTLOAD(8)||System Manager's Manual||WSFONTLOAD(8)|
NAMEwsfontload — load a font bitmap into the wsfont pool or a wscons display device
|wsfontload||[-Bbv] [-e encoding] [-f wsdev] [-h height] [-N name] [-w width] [fontfile]|
DESCRIPTIONThe wsfontload utility loads a font bitmap into the wsfont font pool (or a wscons device if the device driver supports this). The font gets assigned a name in this process which it can be referred to by later for use on a display screen. The font is loaded from the specified fontfile, or from standard input if fontfile is not provided.
The options are:
- Specifies that the font data is ordered right-to-left byte wise. The default is left-to-right.
- Specifies that the font data is ordered right-to-left bit wise. The default is left-to-right.
- -e encoding
Sets the encoding of the font. This can be either a symbolic abbreviation or a numeric value. Currently recognized abbreviations are:
- ISO-8859-1 encoding
- IBM encoded fonts
- the custom encoding of the supplemental fonts which came with the BSD “pcvt” console driver
- ISO-8859-2 (east european) encoding
- ISO-8859-7 (greek) encoding
- KOI8-R (russian) encoding
iso’ is assumed.
- -f wsdev
- Specify the device to operate on. Default is /dev/wsfont.
- -h height
- Sets the height of a font character in pixels. Default is 16.
- -N name
- Specifies a name which can be used later to refer to the font. If none is given, the fontfile name is used to create one.
- Prints the font's properties before loading it.
- -w width
- Sets the width of a font character in pixels. Default is 8.
Typically, the wsfontload utility will be executed in system startup by the /etc/rc.d/wscons script, controlled by the /etc/wscons.conf configuration file.
wsfontload -N myname -h 8 -e ibm /usr/share/wscons/fonts/vt220l.808
wsfontload -N orator -e ibm /usr/share/wscons/fonts/orator.816
wsconsctl -dw font=orator
Load the “orator” IBM-encoded 8×16 font and switch the first console screen (ttyE0, wsconsctl's default) to this alternate font.
BUGSMany features are missing.
There is no way to remove a loaded font.
|May 4, 2003||NetBSD 7.0|